Essay Writing Checklist
The following guidelines are designed to give students a checklist to use, whether they are revising individually or as part of a peer review team.
- Is the main idea (i.e., the writer's opinion of the story title) stated clearly?
- Is the introductory paragraph interesting? Does it make the reader want to keep on reading?
- Does each body paragraph have a clear topic sentence that is related to the main idea of the essay?
- Does each body paragraph include specific information from the text(including quoted evidence from the text, if required by the instructor)that supports the topic sentence?
- Is there a clear plan for the order of the body paragraphs (i.e., order of importance, chronology in the story, etc.)?
- Does each body paragraph transition smoothly to the next?
- Is the main idea of the essay restated in different words?
- Are the supporting ideas summarized succinctly and clearly?
- Is the concluding paragraph interesting? Does it leave an impression on the reader?
- Is any important material left unsaid?
- Is any material repetitious and unnecessary?
- Has the writer tried to incorporate "voice" in the essay so that it has his/her distinctive mark?
- Are there changes needed in word choice, sentence length and structure, etc.?
- Are the quotations (if required) properly cited?
- Has the essay been proofread for spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.?
- Does the essay have an interesting and appropriate title?
Explore popular essay topic ideas categorized by keyword. Sub-topics are listed in each category.
Child Labor Essay
Death Penalty Essay
Child Labor Essay
Death Penalty Essay
Trending Essay Topics
Today's top searches:
Argumentive Why Are The Essays Blood D Essays Die Seisoen Waarvan Ek Essays Educating Women Rig Essays Has The Option Of Essays I Will Argue That Locke Believed That If You Remain The Same Person There Are Various Entities Contained In My Body And Soul Composite That Do Not Remain The Same Over Time Or That We Can Conceive Them Changing These Entiti Essays Internet Scam Essays On The Person I Admire Essays Personal Philosophies Essays Pros And Cons Of Living In A Flat Essays Relationship Of Grandfat Essays Resielant Essays Rogerian Topics Es Essays Smoking C Essays Sweet Tea Essa Essays
Feel free to use content on this page for your website, blog or paper we only ask that you reference content back to us. Use the following code to link this page:
Essay Topics © 2019
Saudi International RelationsWords: 190 Pages: 1 Paragraphs: 1 Sentences: 12 Read Time: 00:41
Highlight Text to add correction. Use an editor to spell check essay.
For many years, I have been interested in studying international relations. My interest in pursuing this field stems from several factors which have affected me. First, I have been exposed to international affairs throughout my life. With my father and two of my brothers in the Saudi Foreign Service, I have grown up under the shadow of inter-national affairs. Second, I am fascinated by history, economics, and diplomacy. I believe, through the study of international relations, I can effectively satisfy my curiosity in these fields. A third factor which has affected my interest in international relations is patriotism. Through the Foreign Service, I would not only have the opportunity to serve my country, but also have the chance to help bridge gaps between my country and others. Finally, as a Saudi living abroad, I have been bridging cultures throughout my life. This experience has taught me to look for differences to compromise and similarities to synthesize in order to balance different cultures. In short, I believe that my experiences in life, combined with a rigorous academic education, will enable me to pursue a successful career in the Saudi Foreign Service.
Tip: Use our Essay Rewriter to rewrite this essay and remove plagiarism.
Next Saudi Arabia Essay: Essay On Saudi Arabia's Population And Historical Importance